Ashdown Forest Car Park Payments – Update
At the end of last year, we ran a consultation on the potential introduction of car parking payments to help support and maintain Ashdown Forest. Almost 2,800 people took the time to complete the consultation. We would like to thank everyone who contributed their time and thoughts.
The analysis and interpretation of the results are below:
- Report on Findings of the Public Consultation on Proposed Car Park Charging v1.0
- Interpretation of the Consultation and Recommendations v1.0
- Car Park Charging – Proposal and Business Case
The Board of Conservators voted to approve the introduction of parking payments on Ashdown Forest – Ashdown Forest Car park payment approval
April 2022 – Update
- The tender process has been completed for a parking management company to partner with us to design and manage the car park payment scheme.
- The proposed level of charges:
£2.00 for one hour
£2.50 for two hours
£4.00 for a half day
£6.00 for a whole day
£80 for an annual pass
The final charges may be lower than this.
- Payments will be required for using all the Ashdown Forest car parks.
- A single ticket can be used to park on any of the car parks.
- A range of methods to pay for parking will be possible. The details of the payment system have not been finalized.
- There will be a grace period of 15 minutes so that people can stop to stretch their legs, buy an ice-cream or coffee, or enjoy the sunset without having to pay.
- We expect to introduce the payment scheme by August 2022. Information will be posted in car parks, on our website, and on social media.